Ah, reading. My joy outside of college. Perhaps this coming semester, saner I hope, will allow me to pick up a book without gouging out my eyes at the thought of processing yet more information.
The 2009 Book List
- A Farewell to Arms, Ernest Hemingway
- The Stranger, Albert Camus
- Watchmen, Dave Gibbons & Alan Moore
- Blindness, Jose Saramago
- Childhood’s End, Arthur C. Clarke
- The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, short pieces by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- Orion, Jan-Feb issue
- The Severed Wasp, Madeleine L’Engle
- The Well-Dressed Ape: A Natural History of Myself, Hannah Holmes
- The Sierra Club Nature Writing Handbook, John A. Murray
- The History of the Siege of Lisbon, Jose Saramago
- The Graveyard Book, Neil Gaiman
- Encounters with the Archdruid, John McPhee
- The Best American Science and Nature Writing, compiled by Jerome Groopman
The list is compiled for my own convenience and motivation, but feel free to be inspired or reminded of titles that you’ve intended to read.
Recommendations & suggestions are always welcomed.